The Structural Engineers Association of Massachusetts (SEAMASS) is a non-profit, member-driven organization that pursues the common interests of practicing structural engineers and others sharing an interest in the activities of structural engineers. Our mission is to advance the structural engineering profession and serve our members through consistent communication, recognition, and education opportunities.
Members are individual professionals including:
- Licensed Professional Engineers
- Licensed Professional Structural Engineers
- Engineers in Training
- Students pursuing a degree in structural engineering
- Individuals who share an interest in the activities of SEAMASS
SEAMASS was established with the help of the Boston Association of Structural Engineers (BASE), a non-profit organization whose members are structural engineering firms. SEAMASS acts as the Massachusetts member of the National Council Structural Engineers Associations (NCSEA).
The mission of the Structural Engineers of Massachusetts (SEAMASS) is to:
- Promote and advance the art, science, practice and image of structural engineering.
- Serve the professional development interests of structural engineers.
- Promote communication and recognition among structural engineers and related professionals.
- Promote and maintain professional standards of and qualifications to practice in Massachusetts.
- Communicate the ethics, standards, goals and accomplishments of the Association to structural engineers, related professionals, government and the public.
September 20, 2016 (Tuesday)
8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
SEAMASS Half-Day Presentation
Structural Forensics: Lessons Learned
Lisa Davey, PE |Thornton Tomasetti
Leonard Morse-Fortier, Ph.D, PE
Simpson, Gumpertz & Heger
October 26, 2016 (Wednesday)
Wind and Waves:
ASCE-7 wind updates plus
coastal engineering presentation
February 16, 2017 (Thursday)
Fire Engineering - What Structural
Engineers Should Know
An AISC T.R. Higgins Lecture